Sunday, February 24, 2013

It's wet enough to bog a duck

Another week gone but things are settling down now after all the bike and licence getting. I'm not working as hard and have some time for the veggie garden and I'm going to need all the time I can get as it is badly neglected.

I bought a punnet of Red Mignonette lettuce to start the ball rolling again and cheer myself up a little. Nothing fancy for the soil prep. I'd tipped a bag of cow manure over a patch that had grown Beetroot so I added some blood and bone and planted them.
With a forecast of over a 100mm of rain over the next two or three days I can hardly go wrong.

I also shouted myself a packet of Mr Fothergill's Great Lakes lettuce seeds so I can plant one or two seeds a week and keep a good succession of lettuce coming into the house.

Plans to plant carrots, beetroot, cabbage and maybe some early peas and late beans.

That's it for another week. I have Tuesday to myself as well but it's sounding like it will be to boggy and wet to do any gardening.
As my dad would have said, 'It'd bog a duck in gumboots.'

Cheers

Stewart.

No comments: