Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Busy day and I'm Buggered.

Busy day and I'm now more than buggered. But plenty was achieved.

I planted the Dwarf Sunray Jerusalem Artichoke that I rode all the way to Brisbane to see Jerry Coleby-Williams open garden for.

Helianthus tuberosus
 

(Dwarf Sunray Jerusalem Artichoke)
I prised a small chunk off my rhubarb some months ago and put it in a pot to hopefully grow on which I'm happy to say it has.

 So today was planting day.

A bucket of  'Witches Brew,' a hole, mix it up a bit and bung it in. Job done.



Just need to mulch it up and we're done.














The coldest and frostiest winter aroung here for years and I decide to try and over winter tomatoes.

Needless to sat they copped a hiding and aren't looking to good at all.

But with the weather slowing warming up a touch of fertiliser and a good watering I thing I'll get a good start on some tomatoes during spring.



I gave a handfull of Rooster Booster fertilised to the Lisbon Lemon I planted a few months back.

Added some mulch and gave it a good drink.

It shouldn't need much more than a regular drink from here on in. Then around the beginning of Autumn I'll give it some more Rooster Booster.




I also placed an order with The Seed Collection who were talking themselves up big on facebook so I thought I'd give them a go.

Turns out they walk the talk and I had my seeds within two days. Very efficient, I must say.

Of the seeds I ordered I only managed to get a few Red Amaranthus and some Red Cabbage planted.

But hey, It's a start.

The BoM is talking up some rain for us here on Saturday and Sunday so fingers crossed I'll get to hear the sound of rain on my tin roof this weekend and get my rainwater tank filled again.

Saturday 16 August

Cloudy. Very high chance of rain. The chance of a thunderstorm in the afternoon and evening. Light winds becoming east to northeasterly 20 to 30 km/h during the morning then becoming light during the evening.

Also did fair bit of liquid fertilising, mulched up some prunings, fixed a gutter that had a hole in it and the rain wasn't getting to the tank.


Cheers and I hope you get some rain

Stewart.

No comments: