Thursday, October 2, 2014

Planting and Riding


 Saturday (27/09/14) just gone proved to be an excellent seed planting day. (Re; seed post 24/09/14)

I got planted most of what I wanted planted, planted.

For my seed raising mix I used 1/2 sifted potting mix, 1/4 sifted compost and 1/4 sifted composted cow manure.

And judging by the Red Mustard seedlings, up in four days, (see photo below) It's a hit with the seeds.























 I didn't get any gardening done last Sunday because I was out doing this. Click here

With this bunch in the photo on the left from Darling Downs Riders.


It went something like this...We had 11 bikes on the Sunday Stroll today. The usual suspects and a few new faces which was great to see. We headed out toward Warwick, made a left on the Cunningham Highway and down to Aratula for our first stop, a fair stint of 130km. Refueled, we headed around Lake Moogerah, into Boonah the back way and then across to Beaudesert. A right off the highway and up into the hinterland of the Gold Coast and our lunch stop at Canungra.
I can't speak for everyone but I'm pretty confident lunch was well received and enjoyed by all. As always the Canungra hotel delivered. After lunch a quick squirt up to the Mt Tamborine lookout for a photo op and to check out the view. From there we headed down the twisties toward Logan and in the back way to Ipswich. From here we managed to lose a few as there was quite a bit of traffic. Through to Laidley and then out to the Warrego to head for home. I hope everyone that attended enjoyed the ride as much as I did and is looking forward to the next ride!

No comments: