The ground is still too wet to allow me to do any work in the veggie garden so I'm in the kitchen instead. And the treat for today is 'ta-da', 'Jam Drops'.
Yeah, I know, hardly earth shattering but I loved Jam Drops as a kid when mum cooked them and that love of Jam Drops has stayed with me ever since.
Results Taste is excellent but they went flat, not keeping that classic mounded Jam Drop shape. Anyone got any idea why?
Here is the Recipe:
1 cup SR flour
1/3 cup custard powder
80g butter softened
1/3 cup caster sugar
2 tbs milk
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup jam
- preheat oven to 180 degrees. Line 2 baking trays with paper.
- sift flour and custard powder together
- beat butter and sugar together until pale and creamy.
- add milk and vanilla and beat until combined
- add flour mixture and mix together to form a soft dough.
- roll heaped tablespoonsful into balls and place onto trays leaving about 5cm space for spreading
- using your thumb make an indent ib the top and fill with a bit of jam
- bake for 15 minutes until golden, transfer onto wire racks to cool.
- can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Until next time, cheers