Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Decisions have been made

 Decisions have been made. I've been working, saving and paying down bills so as I can start a new traveling phase of my life. After being diagnosed with 4 or 5 years ago with Ulcerative colitis it has changed the way I  think about what to do with the time I have left before I get to kick the bucket.

So in order to maintain some kind of a healthy lifestyle and have as much fun as possible I've decided to spend as much time as I can walking/hiking around parts of Australia, NZ and if possible the Ireland and the UK, money and time permitting.

So why the bike. Simple, I need to get from A to B as cheaply as possible and with as much fun as possible.

First place to go is in November when I go with my Sister to Mt Kosciusko, the top of Australia, with lots of stopping, riding and walking on the way down and on the way back.  


Veggie gardening might be a bit light on but I also have plans to try some Wwoofing and I'm hopeful I can bring reports from organic farms from all over the place.


That's it for now, it's been raining here for the last 10 days and today it's fine so I'd better get out and mow the lawn.


Cheers


Stewart


3 comments:

Roll said...

congrats on biting the bullet Stewart! that bike looks sweet as too haha.

I love the snowy mountains, they're bloody bloody beautiful. make sure you visit the schnapps distillery on the alpine way, on your way to Kozzy; and, if you're keen you should really hook up with Linton & Tracey from Rafting Australia and do an easy days paddle on the upper Murray River (back of Mt. Kozzy).. its called 'sports rafting' which is basically a 1 person sized inflatable raft (kayak really), and the upper murray section they do is just great, not too hard, not scary.. anyone can do it!

you'll see some sections of it in my trip video from there (just disregard the footage of the bigger rafts and rapids, they're on the murray gates and the mitta mitta).

whole trip video, only some footage from the sports rafting: http://youtu.be/JKfBt0AHh6E
a small video showing us on the upper murray in the kayaks http://youtu.be/eeoE6qBuip4

Really, you should try it, paddling down the river is great exercise, and great for a healthy mind too : )

R!

Portland Condos said...

The image of this bike is itself gorgeous and really amazing. Kawaski has always been good.

The Stay @ Home-Gardener said...

pretty. I miss my cbr600F2 riding days.