Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Experiment time.

 Experiment time.

Whenever I've been reading about how to grow lettuce often you'll see advise stating they should be 'grown quickly' without giving you too much information on how to go about this. 

Therefore I'm going to lightly dig and water in a quarter of a handful of blood and bone fertilizer around my Great Lakes iceberg lettuce every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month to see what happens. If that seems to be working and I'm getting good growth, then, when it gets to about half grown in size I'll increase it to half a handful every 2nd and 4th Tuesday of the month

Here goes nothing.


What do you think?
Anyone ever tried something similar? 

The photo doesn't do my lettuce very much justice but I can assure you it looks a lot better and healthier than what it looks.

Cheers for now and happy gardening,

Stewart.

1 comment:

Ock Du Spock said...

I love garden experiments! Hopefully yours will pay off. I use blood and bone a lot in my garden as well. I reckon I've had the best success when I have a soil relly rich in compost (mushroom compost is great) and manures and then plenty of water (almost every day water!). Good luck. Hope you get lots of leafy green lettuces :)