Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Here's how my mind works, sometimes

Sunday night at work I was thinking about my blog(taxi drivers have a lot of time to think), and came up with the thought of putting a video post on my blog. So that was cool I thought, good idea, I'll look into it and left it at that.

Anyhow(btw, I hate Paul Hogan because I can't say or hear "anyhow" without saying to myself "Have a Winfield") when I got home around 11ish (I don't work late on Sunday 'cause Monday is my only day off and I don't want to spend half of it sleeping) climbed into bed and started to think about the video again and began wondering how to start.

I was thinking like newsreaders, "Hello I Bruce Paige and I'm Heather Foord", then from left field(as it usually does) came, "Hello I'm Mister ED", then the next thing you know I'm singing

Mister Ed by Ray Evans and Jay Livingston - Mr. Ed Lyrics


A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And no one can talk to a horse of course
That is, of course, unless the horse is the famous Mr. Ed.

Go right to the source and ask the horse
He'll give you the answer that you'll endorse.
He's always on a steady course.
Talk to Mr. Ed.

People yakkity yak a streak and waste your time of day
But Mister Ed will never speak unless he has something to say.

A horse is a horse, of course, of course,
And this one'll talk 'til his voice is hoarse.
You never heard of a talking horse?

Well listen to this.


I am Mister Ed.


I can remember a report card from grade 4 or 5 which said Stewart is a good student but is easily distracted. Bloody hell 30 something yrs later and nothing has changed.

And if you want a tune to go with that then try this. (Reading between the lines, if you are way younger than me and have never seen Mr ED)



P.S. And after all that the Video camera is on the fritz. Currently going through the yellow pages.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

aahhh I was wondering how long it would take you to get to Mr ED.

daisymum

Now go back alittle further - My Mother the Car!!

Anonymous said...

When you buy the new digital camera for the veggie photos you will be able to make mpeg movies with that no worries. Can't wait to see ém.

Deb

My Veggie Garden said...

Hi Daisymum7,
We didn't get that one here, it must have been a capital city one.
We only had ABC and a local channel 9 called 10 4 5a.
I looked it up on Youtube and it looks like it would have been fun though.
Hi Deb,
How much am I spending on this camera?

Peggy said...

Hi Stewart, I remember Mr Ed and was happily singing along to it!
Peggy

Unknown said...

Actually gaivn I think oyu are right I never saw it as a child either we were in FNQ so we had FNQ10 and the abc only I think it was a channel 7 thing but i did see it once on Foxtel when we were on holidays.


So how about Adventure island?? Miser menaie and Fester Fumble and what was the panda called????
daisymum

My Veggie Garden said...

Onya Peggy He was a lotta fun and fantasy which seems sadly lacking today.

Hi daisymum7,
I remember Adventure Island but thought it was to girly for me, ie singing and dancing, not something a 7 yo boy is into. The panda was call Percy.
You have reminded of another show but that will have to wait until next week.