Thursday, October 14, 2010

A flower a day for September #27. Happy Snappy

Probably the greatest influences on me to be a gardener or for my love of gardening would be my Grandmothers. One had the flowers and the other had the veggies.

My mums mum was the flower one and as a child I loved going to visit (it wasn't all about the biscuits and lollies) and walk around her garden and find out about all the colourful flowers she had planted in her garden. Just thinking now I realise that I never really gardened much as a child but I must have been paying attention.

And as that child I remember liking the Snappy the most. Three main reasons for this; the first is the colour, say no more, 2nd is the size of the flower and 3rd is you got to play with the flowers and play make believe dragons with them. What more could a kid want?

 Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do.  Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.  ~Alex Haley

Cheers and happy dragon slaying,

Stewart.

No comments: