Thursday, October 7, 2010

A flower a day for September #26. "No Idea".

 I have no idea what this plant is called and if you can enlighten me I appreciate it. (I'm guessing some sort of small leaf privet)

As you can see it is coming to the end of it's flowering period but when it was fully out, only a few days ago, it was spectacular.  Not overly popular around here and I'm guessing this is due to it's fairly short flowering period and eventual size.

It does have a light perfumed fragrance too, which is not over powering but pleasant when you are within it proximity 

Well there you have it for today, back with another tomorrow.

Cheers and happy gardening

Stewart.







You've got a lot of choices.  If getting out of bed in the morning is a chore and you're not smiling on a regular basis, try another choice.  ~Steven D. Woodhull

2 comments:

Wild Honey Photography said...

It's not a pittasporum is it? I have no idea what they look like, I just looked at the photos, realised no-one else had made any suggestions, and that name popped into my head. Bahahah.

My Veggie Garden said...

Good guess but no. I still going down this path. http://www.pittwater.nsw.gov.au/environment/noxious_weeds/shrubs/small_leaf_privet