My Basic Coleslaw
|Lots of extra carrots but just as tasty.|
Stuff you'll need
- 6 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot grated (sometimes 2)
- 2/3 cup mayo ( I like the whole egg mayo)
- 1/2 sour cream
- 2 tbsp vinegar (apple if you like)
- 2 tbsp veggie oil
- 2 tbsp sugar (I use castor sugar) (or to taste)
- I also grate radish 1 or 2
- A diced onion as well
Toss cabbage in a large bowl with the carrots, onion and radish. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients Pour the mixture over the cabbage and carrots and toss to coat thoroughly. Bung it in the fridge until you're ready. There you go a s easy as falling off a log.
I find if you half the above recipe you'll have enough for about four people or in my case three people and some left over for a chicken and coleslaw sandwich.