Tuesday, December 6, 2011

My Basic Coleslaw

Raining a little here today so I'm just sitting back and listening to the seedlings grow. Also have nectarines on the stove cooking, getting ready for a nectarine chutney I'm going t try. And that'll be interesting to say the least seeing as it will be a first for me. Nectarine recipe I'll be trying.

My Basic Coleslaw


Lots of extra carrots but just as tasty.
I'd dare say almost everyone would have their own favorite coleslaw recipe but just in case you don't here's one I use with much success and enjoyment.

Stuff you'll need

  • 6 cups shredded cabbage
  • 1 carrot grated (sometimes 2)
  • 2/3 cup mayo ( I like the whole egg mayo)
  • 1/2 sour cream
  • 2 tbsp vinegar (apple if you like)
  • 2 tbsp veggie oil
  • 2 tbsp sugar (I use castor sugar) (or to taste)
  • I also grate radish 1 or 2
  • A diced onion as well
Method

Toss cabbage in a large bowl with the carrots, onion and radish. In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ingredients  Pour the mixture over the cabbage and carrots and toss to coat thoroughly. Bung it in the fridge until you're ready. There you go a s easy as falling off a log.

I find if you half the above recipe you'll have enough for about four people or in my case three people and some left over for a chicken and coleslaw sandwich.

Cheers

Stewart

No comments: