Thursday, October 23, 2014

But wait there's more


But wait there's more..and I'd forgotten I'd ordered these....

 ...but I simply love pea shoots.

Therefore I should have a go at growing my own, shouldn't I?

So I am... having a go, that is. Growing my own.

I'm just going to try them in a standard 150mm pot and see how they go. If that isn't seccessful then I might have to follow the instructions that came with the seeds.

It is best to pre-sprout them until tiny roots appear. Then grow them in a seedling tray filled with organic potting mix or sieved compost. The best temperature for sprouting peas is 15 - 25°C; avoid hot weather. The pea shoots will take 10 - 14 days.





From Green Harvest; Pea sprouts are sweet and tender as sprouting increases their sugar content. They are very nutritious; a good source of vitamins A, C and K; and minerals calcium, chlorophyll, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, amino acids and protein (20 - 25%).


Cheers

Stewart

No comments: