Thursday, November 24, 2011

Purple dutch carrot progress.

 Good news trendsetters, after running a cleanup program on my PC and almost killing my modem I'm now back online.

And even more good news my fellow veggie fiends, 80mm of rain here overnight and I swear I can hear the veggies giggling with glee.

In the beginning
Apart from all the good news above the reason I'm here is to show you this, ta-dah. Yep you guessed it, this is how much the 'purple dutch' carrot has grown since I brought it home from the supermarket and planted it, to see if it would do what it is doing, back in August. Go here to check out the beginning.

It has grown a flower stalk about 60/70cm tall and has started forming flower buds.

I can hardly wait for the seed to ripen so I can have a go at growing my own. It will still take a while from here but I'm sure it will be worth the wait.









 Nice seed head s forming



One thing about carrot foliage is it's green.

4 comments:

FairyCastleFarm said...

Stewart, by bunnies would be drooling at all the green foliage !!!! Looks great and will enjoy following their progress. I think Carrots have really pretty flowers, they remind me of the cottage flower "love in the mist" . Take care ,Yollie (the human at FCF)

Jamie Keifer said...

Indeed. A growing garden is worth the wait. All that lively plant-life is quite pleasing to see.

Jamie Keifer said...

Indeed. A growing garden is worth the wait. All that lively plant-life is quite pleasing to see.

Unknown said...

Nice blog to see this information..............
shutters for windows toowoomba