Thursday, May 26, 2016

My top ten veggie plants to plant or sow in June.


Planting lists are quite possibly in abundant over supply so I thought, 'Why not add to the abundance.'

My veggie garden's top ten plants to plant or sow in June.

In no particular order of anything.

  1. Onions.
  2. Peas, of course
  3. Broadies, Broad Beans can still be planted.
  4. Cabbage, Kale, probably past the seed stage for kale, best to try seedlings.
  5. Lettuce
  6. Rads, Radish
  7. Strawberries
  8. Pak Choi.
  9. Spring Onions
  10. Turnips.

    • You could also try Beetroot, Carrots, Cauliflower (seedlings only, bit late for seeds), Celery, Chives, Coriander, Parsley Italian and curly leaf, Potatoes but you'll need to cover them if frost is around, Rocket, Silverbeet, Snow pea, Spinach,


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello Stuart, I'm wondering where you are gardening. I am in the southern suburbs of Adelaide, and wondering when to plant rhubarb.

My Veggie Garden said...

Hi and thanks for the question, I live in Toowoomba so we share a similar climate though your winters can be wet and ours are usually dry.

As for Rhubarb, anytime through winter is a good time for planting.

Once it has settled in after a couple of months then regular watering and small monthly applications of fertilizer, I use blood and bone and occasionally some aged chicken manure, will see you on your way to a good and healthy plant.