Saturday, October 18, 2008

Beautiful mid spring day

Beautiful mid spring day here, cool easterly breeze fine sunny day not to hot and not to cold, just right said Goldilocks, I just cant help myself but go outside and work myself stupid.

Just some up dates and progress reports.
This is the tiny tom I'm trying, it is growing vigorously atm which is all I can hope for.

I mulched them this morning as well as my egg plants and watermelon I planted the other day.
The rain we had during the week was excellent, but there is still dry patched here and there when I dig somewhere to plant something. 70-80 mls of soaking rain over a week would be terrific but that hasn't happened around here since Noah was a boy.

I prepared a small area for my baby sweet corn which if I let mature I can use for pop corn as well so I'll plant them this arvo.






Most of my silverbeet is in it's second year and is now bolting to seed. I save some and see if I can grow more from my own seed.













The first of my sugar loaf cabbage is starting to form heads so it wont be long now.


















My potatoes are growing like mad. The King Edwards at the back are flowering and look absolutely divine.










My first planting of sweet corn is doing nicely as is the extra seed potatoes I planted that wouldn't fit in the main potato bed.













Last but not least is the globe artichoke with it yummy flower heads about half formed.

4 comments:

Peggy said...

Hi Stewart, your garden looks very productive already and you have a good range of veg to look forward to
peggy

Unknown said...

wow Stewart the garden looks great. they are saying more rian next week hope you are in for some.

My cabbages got eaten by our possum!! If she wasn't so cute and had here really cute baby with her I might have thrown soemthing at her.

daisymum

Wildside said...

Looking fabulous!

Anonymous said...

Your garden looks beautiful. It's a nice sight from up here in the north, where we're heading into winter!