Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Broad Beans


This is all that is left of my Broad Beans having striped the bushes clean of their beans and cleared their bed.
After having pulled a few out roots and all I noticed some good nitrogen nodules on their root system so I'll leave the rest with their roots in the soil and then work them back through the soil.
The big bowl on the left will b frozen the little bowl on the right is about go into a Bacon and Broad bean Risotto.
I did leave one bush though, having noticed that it produced more beans than the others so I have decided to grow it on to seed and use it's seeds for next year.



Just a photo to show the progress of my pumpkin and watermelon that I'd mentioned last week.

1 comment:

My Veggie Garden said...

Damn fine Risotto Stewart
Well done
Cheers Stewart