Saturday, July 18, 2015

Twinkle 'Yellow Fantacy.'

Once I'd melted the ice from the windscreen we, my daughter and I, had a nice, uneventful, run down the hill into Brissy.

Still fairly cool when we arrived at the Mt. Coot-tha Botanic gardens.

We made our way to the John Oxley District Orchid Society Inc. Orchid show only to find that we didn't have any cash and they didn't have any electronic means of taking our money. So back to the car to find an ATM and then back to the show.

This was our first Orchid show so I've no idea if it was big, small, good or bad but I did enjoy the Orchids they had on display.

We also sat in on an Orchid potting lesson and got to ask a few questions about some pressing orchid issues like, why is that one smaller than this one and will this live in Toowoomba? All of which they were happy to answer for us. They were very friendly and helpful.

Also you don't go to an Orchid show and walk away empty handed so I bought two booklets, one for beginners and one on Cattleyas, some plant labels and a pen.

I also bought my self an Orchid called Twinkle 'Yellow Fantacy.'

My Orchid adventure may only just be beginning because the Toowoomba Orchid Society is holding their show this coming weekend too and I thing I'll have to attend.

Yellow Fantasy

Cheers for now,

Stewart.










No comments: