Monday, December 7, 2009

Rain? What's that?

I can predict the weather, it's simple. Hot and dry, hot and dry, hot and dry. Rain? Phssstt what's that!!!?

Now if I could just get paid 50 odd grand a year for that I be set!


Can't remember the last time I sung this but I know it was a loooooooonnnnnngggggg time ago!
It's raining; it's pouring.
The old man is snoring.
He went to bed and bumped his head,
And he wouldn't get up in the morning

I'd better go out an water what's left of my withered garden before it turns into a desert.

Cheers from the new Darling Desert.

Stewart

4 comments:

Olive said...

As I remember thet song Stewart, the 4th. line goes...He bumped his head on the top of the bed.....

My Veggie Garden said...

Hi Olive, yes there is probably 100 or 1000 versions of this. I also remember saying he bumped his head in the middle of the bed.

Roll said...

yeah, im so over this dry shit house weather ay. last month it rained though, we got about 25mm, the first rain since April.. .. um.. so yeah it's rained twice this year. Fwar, spewin on the weekend just past though, we had MASSSIIIIIVE storms rolling towards our town, 20kms away it was hailing and everything, .. then.. what do ya know, it just completely disintegrates about 5kms from town. FWARRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!

hehe.

I have the guilts about watering too much now too, to compensate for the lack of rain. I'm thinkin, definitely getting a rain water tank next year.

Roll said...

oh, yes, that's right, I'll get a rain water tank then fill it up with the tap.. HAHAHA