Thursday, August 13, 2009

Like a fish outta water.

Thank-you all very much for all your well wishes.

I will probably out of action for another week yet and what ever you don't try to make me laugh or cough, seriously it hurts like buggery.

I also can't work which means as a cabbie no work no pay and that is becoming just as painful.

Like a fish outta water.

It wasn't funny at the time but now thinking back it's good for a giggle.


I can remember lying on the ground in the middle of the busiest road in Toowoomba. Coming to after being knocked unconcious with every ounce of air pushed out of my lungs (am I painting a good mental picture here?) and trying to breath again, I'm sure at this moment I looked like a fish out of water very much trying to breath. Now no disrespect to the people around me but what the hell were they hoping to get out by asking me "are you alright"?

Cheers for now,

Stewart

4 comments:

Pip said...

I think it is meant to be an expression of sympathy, like when the doctors hurts you (putting stitches in) and says sorry. I hope you are better soon, I've not had a bike accident (yet) but hubby has had some and all because some DH was not looking properly.
You can still study can't you?

Take care

My Veggie Garden said...

Hi Pip, I understand where the other ppl are coming from, it just seemed funny from my side how I could answer them when I didn't have an ounce of air in my lungs. Sign language maybe :).

Study is difficult lying down, I can't move much or for very long, but I have a lot of time on my hands and if i can get around a bit on the weekend then I have a fair bit of catching up to do. I have an assignment due tomorrow but will/can get a 4 day extension for it, then I have another due the following Friday.
My plate is pretty full atm. Then my sister said when your plate is full just fill your mouth and chew like mad, so here I go.

Jacqueline said...

Bloody hell Stewart! I only just caught up. I hope you're feeling better soon. I rode a motorbike for a few years and then a push bike to work so I can vouch with you to the number of DHs on the road who don't look and don't care. Grrrr. How're you going to do all that Maths in this state? Never mind working. Get better soon. PS Your garden schedule always throws me out - we are months off doing what you've got planned, though it is feeling distinctly spring-ish even though it's only early August.

Chloe m said...

Hope you are on the mend. You will be up and running in no time. I dislocated my shoulder falling on ice, took me a while to get back to lifting but now I am good as new.
You take it easy!
Rosey